Translate this page by selecting the language from bellow link

Labels

Did I turn off my Romanian?

See full size image 


I guess I had, because I never cook Romanian food for my children and then my mom arrived and turned it on again! How wonderful!
I happily concluded that I continue to be very Romanian in many other ways. Ways which cannot be turned off, at least for now.
But I also realized that, in the past 29 years since I have been living in the Australia., my Romanian was turned off in many other ways besides food.
My two visits to Romania, slowly bringing to the surface, because I now do some things differently than romanians do, or because I now do some things differently than they does.
Will these ways be turned on again as a result of 2 visits? How is it possible that 2 vizits can turn something as powerful as culture on and then off again? Can we? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENT HERE!